Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 7 -- Mid-term Headshot


     This portrait was taken last fall while I was visiting family in Burlington, VT. I’m usually not a morning person, but at this time I was up bright and early. I like this picture visually for many reasons. I’m wearing my favorite color, red, for one, also because I am happy and smiling. This is how my personality is most of the time. I always try to find something to smile about. I often find myself looking at this picture when I am feeling down about something. It proves to me that I can be happy if I replace negative thoughts with positive ones. I believe that no matter what happens to you in life, if you smile, you will move on and persevere. This is what I hope it expresses about me. I feel this represents the present me and hopefully the future me as well. 
     The principles that I think are dominant in this picture from the first half of our textbook are a focal point, balance, and rhythm.  It is balanced because I am in the middle of the picture. This balance gives it a very obvious focal point. The rhythm can be found in my hair, folds of my shirt and even in the background items on the wall. The visual principles that draw me to this portrait are the color red, the way my hair is and how the light shines thru the window on it, my smile, the way my eyes are looking right into the camera, and I like the obvious focal point. It leaves a lasting impression and feeling of contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment